National Mail Center
240- 250 Golden Grove Road
Trinidad and Tobago
Tel: (868) 669-5361-9
Fax: (868) 669-5374
Customer Service - 800-POST (7678)
Courier - 800-SEND (7363); 800-TRAK (8725)
It is illegal and extremely dangerous to mail restricted or prohibited hazardous materials. Trinidad and Tobago law declares it is a crime to post any of the following items:
- Perishable foodstuff.
- Explosives: including ammunitions, firearms, fireworks, blasting caps, igniters, fuses, flares and caps for toy firearms.
- Poisons including drugs and medicine, except samples of poisons and drugs and medicines in prescription quantities when packed and transmitted in the prescribed manner.
- Flammable liquids: including gasoline, alcohol, flammable solvents and cleaning compounds, flammable paint, flammable varnish removers and thinners which ignite spontaneously in air. NOTE: alcoholic beverages generally are not prohibited, but packing requirements for liquids must be observed.
- Flammable solids: including matches of all kinds, cellulose nitrate films and other cellulose nitrate products, zinc powder, metallic magnesium, substances which become dangerous when wet. NOTE: modern films made of cellulose acetate are not prohibited.
- Radio-active material
- Oxidizing materials: Examples: substances which yield oxygen readily, organic peroxides such as hair or textile dyes, fiberglass repair kits, some bleaching powders, disinfectants, certain adhesives.
- Compressed gas-flammable and non-flammable: Examples: aerosol products, butane, charged butane cigarette lighters, fire extinguisher containing compressed gases, carbon dioxide gases.
- Corrosives: including corrosive cleaning liquid, corrosive rust remover or preventative, corrosive paint or varnish removing liquid, nitric acid, battery fluid, mercury.
- Other dangerous goods: including material that has anesthetic, noxious, toxic or other characteristics, which can cause extreme annoyance or discomfort in the event of leakage, liquid argon, gallium, liquid helium, polymerisable materials, strong magnetized materials, hydrophobic liquids, instruments containing mercury, creosote, quick lime, oiled paper, toys containing batteries.